The Murrieta Woman’s Club Clubhouse was built in 1934. The Woman’s Club
was formed in 1915 by young mothers. In 1919, the club purchased these two lots.
Articles of Incorporation were filed in 1920 and the club began raising funds for the clubhouse.
In 1934, the club members had raised enough money to build the clubhouse.
Local carpenter, Frank Shupe, was the construction supervisor. The clubhouse was
dedicated on May 12, 1934. The women continued to serve in the community, and
worked to support each other.
However, by the 1950s, the club had disbanded. The clubhouse was then sold in
1955 to the Murrieta Union Church for $2,000. The building then was used by the
church as Sunday school classrooms and a Fellowship Hall.
By the turn of the century, the building was no longer owned by any church and
went into private ownership. Several different businesses operated here over the years.
In 2022, Lily Kelly Ministries purchased the church and building and began a Faith based
community outreach program. The former clubhouse was converted into a coffee shop.
The proceeds raised from the business would be used to fund the ministry’s operations.
The Murrieta Woman’s Club Clubhouse has served and will continue to serve the
community for years to come.